Massage Therapy - Courtenay, BC
Terri Storey, RMT
Massage Therapy assists to restore anatomical and physiological function where there is minor injury, supports and assists rehabilitation where there is acute or chronic injury/condition.
Terri's approach to Massage Therapy is vascular, neurological and musculoskeletal.
Musculoskeletal attention reduces pain.
Techniques used are passive manipulation, sustained pressure and mobilization for connective tissue health and neuroplastic re-education.
cat Cellular Attunement Therapy observes vascular pulse (arterial and venous), cellular and tissue tone, in order to assess trauma, adhesive or systemic interruption, and/or postural dysfunction.
The following conditions benefit from massage therapy:
- Pre-post surgical care
- Nerve injury (neck, shoulder, back)
- Inflammatory conditions/joint dysfunction (arthritis, autoimmune)
- Heart (stroke, paralytic condition, blood)
- Lung/Trachea (dry cough/shallow breath)
- Esophagus/GI Tract (GERD, difficulty swallowing, intestinal)
- Inner ear/Sinus/Eye (pain and dysfunction)
- Pelvic floor (prostate, cervical, bladder, intestinal)
Anxiety and Trauma
- Accident/Injury/TMJ (head trauma)
- Nervous system (Reticular Activating System)
- Grief and loss (Emotional trauma)
- Head/Sports/Repetitive strain injury (low back, neck pain)
- Pelvic floor, surgery
See above for on-line booking for Achord Health Clinic and Intervention Pain Plus Clinic in Courtenay.
Terri is available on a monthly rotation at Klahoose Health Centre on Cortes Island.
On-line booking for Klahoose Health Centre is also available through this website.
All booking inquiries, please contact: 250.203.0778
Achord Health Clinic, 3671A Thomson Rd, Courtenay, BC, V9N 9T5
Intervention Pain Plus Clinic, 1736 England Avenue, V9N2P6
More images available at: