Massage Therapy - Courtenay, BC
Terri Storey, RMT
Massage Therapy assists to restore anatomical and physiological function where there is minor injury, supports and assists rehabilitation where there is acute or chronic injury/condition.
Terri's approach to Massage Therapy is neurological and musculoskeletal.
Musculoskeletal attention reduces pain.
Passive manipulation, sustained pressure and mobilization of connective tissue assists to increase mobility, restore function, decrease pain, balance muscle tone, increases bone nutrition and cellular vitality. Passive range of motion witnesses holding patterns and creates and opportunity for neuroplastic re-education.
cat Cellular Attunement Therapy meets cellular function as tone, quality, vibration and pulse. Patterns of trauma are witnessed as tension, accumulated through layers of accident and injury from pre-natal to present. Through our availability to listen, we have an impact on neurological, endocrine and connective tissue vitality. This assists to decrease pain and inflammation, and encourage systemic health and function
The following conditions benefit from massage therapy:
- Pre-post surgical care
- Nerve injury (neck, shoulder, back)
- Joint pain (sprain, strain, tendonitis)
- Inflammatory conditions (arthritis, autoimmune)
- Heart (stroke, paralytic condition, blood)
- Lung/Trachea (dry cough/shallow breath)
- Esophagus/GI Tract (GERD, difficulty swallowing, intestinal)
- Inner ear/Sinus/Eye (pain and dysfunction)
- Pelvic floor (prostate, cervical, bladder, intestinal)
Anxiety and Trauma
- Accident/Injury/TMJ (head trauma)
- Nervous system (Reticular Activating System)
- Grief and loss (Emotional trauma)
- Head/Sports/Repetitive strain injury (low back, neck pain)
Maternal care (pre and post natal care)
- Pelvic floor (bladder, intestines, uterus)
- Ligament (strain and posture)
See above for on-line booking for Achord Health Clinic and Intervention Pain Plus Clinic in Courtenay.
Terri is available on a monthly rotation at Klahoose Health Centre on Cortes Island.
On-line booking for Klahoose Health Centre is also available through this website.
All booking inquiries, please contact: 250.203.0778
Achord Health Clinic, 3671B Thomson Rd, Courtenay, BC, V9N 9T5
Intervention Pain Plus Clinic, 1736 England Avenue, V9N2P6
More images available at: